Rowin Andruscavage's Internet Presence
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE
GE$ d+(-) s+:- a C++++$ UL++++ US++
P+++ L+++ E W+++ N++ o? K- w O M PS+ PE Y PGP++ t+ 5 X- R !tv
b+ DI++ D++ G e+++ h----<++ r+++ y++++(*)
------END GEEK CODE
- Q: Hey, why the long surname?
- A: It's Lithuanian
(spend some time at that site & you'll probably know more
about Lithuanians than I do)
- Maritime Telecommunications Network, an Emerging Markets Communications Company
Hybrid satellite / long-range Wi-fi data centers for cruise lines and ferries.
- Exotic Paper
- A growing gallery of paper gliders, complete with folding
instructions. If there's anything I want to be remembered for
when I pass, it's for blanketing schoolyards in recycled
- Hairball and
its assorted periphera
- Oom Yung Doe
- A good combination of styles to study after Tae Kwon Do
- Ballroom Dancing
- Mostly focusing on smooth international styles
- Computers and technology are such high maintenance these
- Married life is just as much maintenance as it's always
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online
- Tickets to the Happiest Places on
Flight dynamics modeling for a reboot of a classic. Free and
- Science Applications International Corporation
- Sonar simulations for naval trainers, saving the
whales one classroom at a time.
- Boeing Integration Center
- Distributed simulation demo platform for
some of the best projects and programs the company to offer.
Working here is like being in a big international corporate LAN
Despite the name, there is no math involved... it's
just not that kind of "integration".
- Boeing Air Traffic Management
- Helping bring the aviation industry into the
- Tae Kwon Do
- At the Studio
of Korean Karate third degree black belt
- Arcology Systems
- MSSE Thesis for the ISR at the UMCP
- Defense pitch: pdf
- Parallel Asynchronous Transputing Multiple
Operating System For a time, I worked for a company
in Ocean City, MD developing distributed, fault
tolerant, high availability clusters. They seem to be
gone now, though. It was fun getting paid to do what
I'd probably be doing during my spare time anyway.
- 3D tetris used to create input scenarios for finite
element analysis. I hacked Gnome 3D tetris to spit out
geometry information to a perl script that formatted it
as a brick FEA problem for analysis using slffea. Every
time you dropped a brick, the 3D SLFFEA output would be
recomputed and updated.
- Pine wood derby truck entered under the team Buck
Trucks. Final project for Intermediate fluid dynamics
course instructed by the venerated CHK
- The Mule
- Mechanical Design & Analysis cargo
- Mechanical Design & Analysis torque wrench
project. The documentation to this device (Ye
Torkonomicon) has been lost to the ages.
- Pneumatic Motor
- Pressured-air-powered motor. Our design didn't have
enough power strokes to make it through a full
revolution, but the virtual model works pretty well.
They didn't let me have a lot of fun with the
presentation this time :P .
- Cornell Rigid Airfoil
- How to sail... really fast.
Flows in Microgravity Research Project
- Measuring the impact coefficients of small
- Linux.com's Tuneup
- How to get the most out of your Linux system. I
accidentally started volunteering for this site during
the summer of 1999. The tuneup site seems to have gone
away, but the content lives on in various
Cornell Student Linux Users Group
- Web page about using Linux on campus
- American Society of
- Web page for the Cornell University section.
Actually, that server left with me, but an even older version
of the CUASME pagestill seems to be lurking
- R/C Aircraft
- I built my way up to a 4 channel gas aircraft over
the years, using a 2 channel glider and a
balsa-n-tissue paper rubber band powered Spitfire as
stepping stones. I'll scan some pictures of them
- Browse through some of my older Gif89a animations.
Many were rendered with POVray. More in the
Hope I have some time to play with this stuff again,
now that I have some decent hardware.
- Nerds By
- Looks like John finally nuked it, though... it's a
- It's a Research Practicum project!
- "The Effect of Canard Winglets on
Graduation requirement of the Science & Technology
Program at Eleanor Roosevelt High School.
- Warren and Thaisa
- If these children are our future, the world is
Last modified: Mon Aug 31 23:22:18 PDT 2015