||Systems design, analysis, and
optimization using simulation and rapid prototyping.
Computing: UNIX (clusters, Linux, SUN, SGI), AWS,
Languages: Python, Ruby, PERL, Bash, Java, C/C++,
Matlab, SQL, XML/XSLT, Office macros, SCM: Git, Hg,
Analysis & Visualization: UML, FEA, 3D rendering
& animation, graphics manipulation/scripting
Technologies: open source,
hardware/network/OS/application health monitoring &
tuning, LAMP/Tomcat, NGINX, Varnish, F5 BigIP, Couchbase, ADC/DAC
||Senior DevOps Engineer, Maritime Telecommunications
Network, Seattle WA
- Developed and maintained continuous integration and
delivery pipeline for hybrid satellite / long-range wifi
data centers at sea aboard cruise ships and ferries using
Stackato+Chef and migrated to Docker+Ansible
- Test-driven cookbook development with Github and Gerrit,
using Jenkins for orchestration of ServerSpec and ChefSpec
test-kitchen Vagrant instances along with linting in RuboCop
and Foodcritic to enforce defensive coding practices.
- Maintenance of Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana data
collection pipeline, using Icinga2, Sensu, and Serf for
fleet monitoring and notifications. Baremetal shipcloud
provisioning in concert with AWS EC2 and Route53 DNS
automation. Prototype high availability architecture using
HAProxy and Keepalived with libvirt-kvm.
|Senior Systems Engineer, The Walt Disney Company, Seattle WA
- Oncall support for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online
– the highest volume travel website worldwide
processing millions of dollars' worth of transactions
- Work with geographically distributed teams using ITIL
practices to set up and maintain Dev, QA, LT, and Prod
environments through lifecycle of hundreds of sites while
maintaining PCI DSS compliance.
- Automation of operations with Bamboo CI pipeline,
Rundeck, and migration to Chef-based deployments. SME for
Couchbase NoSQL DB. Disaster Recovery datacenter
|Software Development Engineer, Microsoft (via Volt
Workforce Solutions), Redmond, WA
- As aerodynamicist for Flight, created flight dynamics
models and tuning procedures for a variety of simulated
aircraft. Development, test, and release C++ and Lua on a
tight monthly schedule.
- Integrated DATCOM into aircraft flight dynamics modeling
pipeline. Improved propeller fidelity with solver based on
Goldstein vortex theory.
|Systems Engineer, SAIC, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock MD
- Developed, deployed, and supported 100+ node clusters
for submarine sonar system training simulators used at naval
bases across the USA. Provided documentation and training
to enable aggressive crew training schedules in DISA COMSEC
- Engineered high-performance network and SAN for 20-node
rendering cluster periscope and immersive dome projection.
Rapid deployment using Cobbler and Perceus.
- Developed and deployed remote touchscreen interface
instructor consoles with interactive system health
|Systems Architect, The Boeing Company - Integrated
Defense Systems, Arlington VA
- Advanced Modeling and Simulation tech demo showcase for
joint Command & Control exercises in civil, defense, and
- Systems architect for sophisticated multi-site
interactive theaters. Designed and deployed flexible
network and fiber switching infrastructure to deliver
operator consoles and content for multiple events at
classification levels up to TS/SCI, including several
remotely-operated field offices.
- Test & evaluation of new components deployed across
enterprise for optimal compression and network
settings. Establish training criteria, knowledge base, and
community of practice, presented at BTEC16 (Boeing Technical
- Event automation with Vista Systems Spyder and
ThinkLogical fiber KVM switching. Deployed core services
for each network: DHCP+DNS, RAID file repository, Nagios
monitoring. Remastered LiveCDs for maintenance and imaging.
Implement custom event orchestration scripts, including
"VNCequencer" which coordinated and labeled multi-screen
remote displays, record/playback, and traffic shaping to fit
bandwidth constraints. Implemented PC AV capture, real-time
multicast, record/playback with VLC.
|Systems Engineer, The Boeing Company - Air Traffic
Management, McLean VA
- Director of high profile R&D lab shared by
engineering and demo teams supporting GCNSS (Global
Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance System) contract
for FAA. Showcase satellite networking capabilities of
Connexion by Boeing aircraft, depicting live trajectory in
FlightViz, passenger cabin video surveillance, and messaging
with federal air marshals.
- Worked with IT teams to connect lab to airline ETMS
(Enhanced Traffic Management System) network. Deployed
datafeed logging, archive, and proxy service for ASDI
(Aircraft Situation Display to Industry) and displayed via
AADS (Aircraft Activity Display System). Analyzed BTS
(Bureau of Transportation Statistics) data using PERL and
Octave. Created Java web frontend to FAA Advisories
- Developed UML-C++ discrete event simulation IDE
supporting 20 developers on SUN 24-node HPC simulation
clusters. Contributed unit conversion & constants
library, coordinate transformations, XML data log schema,
and XSLT export filters for analysis and visualization in
TAAM (Total Airspace and Airport Modeler). Provided rsync
between East and West clusters and CM procedures for
Clearcase. Dramatically improved remote access using VNC
(Virtual Network Computing) and Cygwin's XFree86 to support
OpenGL 3D rendering.
|Product Development Engineer, PATMOS Int'l Corp., Ocean
- Design & prototype supercomputing blade clusters
with drbd RAID, MOSIX process-migration, PVM/MPI, in a
unique recursive network topology
|UN DevBusiness.com Webmaster, World Bank, Washington
- Upgraded ColdFusion frontend and database backend to
- Worked closely with management to improve & update
site serving 2,000+ clients.
|Undergraduate Research, Cornell University,
- Studied granular flow properties in microgravity for ISS
- Refined & automated stroboscopic image processing
with PERL and Gimp-Script.
|Cornell R/C Aircraft Team
- Post-processing of inflight video to correlate attitude
with multiple GPS data.
|Cornell Rigid Airfoil Team, catamaran wingsail
- Performed CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis of
multi-element cambered airfoil, constructed 1/6 scale
- Preparation and test sail of previous adjustable-camber
carbon-fiber wingsail vessel on Cayuga lake.
- Machined and assembled wing for the Quail, a
single-seat aluminum airplane
- Built R/C glider and gas powered models. Successfully
landed maiden flight after practicing on PC sim.
||Certified Scrum Master, Valtech, Seattle WA
|RHCE / RHCSA 300, RedHat, Tysons Corner VA
|Engineer-in-Training, DLLR, Baltimore MD
Fundamentals of Engineering Examination
||University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- M.S. Systems Engineering, conc. in wireless networks
- Thesis: Arcology Optimization and Simulation Framework
- Optimal routing of recursively scaleable transit
networks using SimPy and LP_Solve.
|Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- B.S. Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Eleanor Roosevelt HS, Greenbelt, MD
- Science & Technology Magnet Program
||Oom Yung Doe : 5th section, intern
|Tae Kwon Do : 3rd degree black belt,
|Paper aircraft : website, distance award in 2008 New
Millennium Paper Airplane Contest
|Cornell Student Linux User's Group, ASME :