... Dedicated to providing information about events surrounding this lady's life.
But first, the OFFICIAL Resumé (.pdf)
- Persue Ed.D in Administration from GWU
- Administer a high school somewhere exotic
- Travel, lots of travel
- Work as a German and ESOL teacher at Central HS
- Work as a foreign language teacher (German and Spanish) at
Eleanor Roosevelt HS
- Offspring: Warren and Thaisa.
- Travel: (I at least spent the night in:)
- United States
- Maryland : I lived here for too long
- New York : I love NYC, and visited my future husband
in the Finger Lakes region often during college
- New Hampshire : week-long vacation in White Mountains
with our son when he was almost 4
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- New Mexico
- Washington : seems like a nice state
- Mexico : walked across the border at Nuevo Laredo with my husband
- Ecuador : went for a 2 week class in Cuenca
- Iceland : took our son to see the geysers at 9 months, while
darcy and I enjoyed the Blue Lagoon and Rowin drove around in a
little hatchback across the volcanic terrain
- Russia : visiting the homeland
- Estonia : the place I was born and raised around Tartu,
summers spent in Tallinn
- Thailand : met my in-laws and gained an appreciation
for home cooking that ruined my restauranteering
- Germany : Lived here for 2 years as a teen, and
returned for a year of college study abroad.
- Fall 1998 - Spring 1999: Education in Germany as part of
cultural immersion study abroad.
- Master's Degree in ESOL from UMCP
- UMCP Graduate with double degrees in German and Spanish. So she
has two identical diplomas, since UMCP doesn't bother to customize
anything specific within the College of Arts and Humanities. I think
we lost one of them.
- Married to Rowin Andruscavage
in August 2000 (civil ceremony) then again in January 2001 (to the same person :P ) in a cabin in the woods
(with close friends and family), then yet again in December 2001 while
visiting relatives in Thailand.
Sofia's stat sheet:
- High School language teacher
- Ballroom dancing
- Foreign languages: German, Spanish, Russian, English
- Reading: historical fiction, romance novels
- Art: Mostly Impressionists, mostly Renoir
- Macintosh computers (well, until OS X came out)
||onions, other computers|
||2 (+15 when the children are around)|
Eleanor Roosevelt High School Prom 1996
|Sofia and her date about to leave to the Mariott in Baltimore, MD. Unfortunately, a combination of exhaustion and too much coffee on an empty stomach made her too sick to attend the HFeStival the following day.
Last modified: Wed May 2 22:32:41 EDT 2007